What is the status of the Primary School?
- We are an authorized IB PYP school.
- We are a member of National Plus Schools Association. Accredited A
- We have an Operational Permit (ijin operasional) from Diknas. Accredited A+
How is the reporting system?
- We have Diknas and school reports. Our School reports show the development of the students socially and academically.
If I move my child from Sekolah Victory Plus to a national school, not a National Plus school, will my child find difficulties?
- They will of course have an adjustment period which is normal for everybody who has just moved from one place to another place, but the responsibility and the love of learning are there. They will be more creative and have more life skills from their time at Victory than the students from the national school.
What are the curricula used in the Primary School?
- We are implementing National Plus and the Primary Years Programme (PYP)-IB curriculum. The National Curriculum can be seen in Bahasa Indonesia and Religion lessons.
What is the International Baccalaureate Organization?
- It offers 4 programmes : PYP (Primary Years Programme), MYP (Middle Years Programmes), Diploma Programme (DP) and Career-related Programme.
- It is a world-wide organization whose headquarters are located in Switzerland.
- Indonesia is part of the IB Asia-Pacific region whose headquarters are in Singapore.
There are 5,477 programmes being offered worldwide, across 4,267 schools.
What is the PYP curriculum?
- The PYP curriculum is designed to prepare the students to face globalization in era. We are teaching the students to have life skills. The contents of the materials are important but it is more important for the students to learn the skills of how to search for information.
- It applies inquiry-based learning.
- A passion for learning is one thing that the PYP curriculum requires. We want the students to be life-long learners (pembelajar seumur hidup)
What are the subjects taught in Primary School?
|Subject||Period /Week||Language Used|
|Social Emotional Learning||1 period||English|
|Unit Of Inquiry (UOI)||6 periods||English|
|Physical Education||2 periods||Englsih|
|Art & Craft||2 periods||Englsih|
|Bahasa Indonesia||3 periods||Indonesian|
What kinds of extra curricular activities does the Primary School have?
- Recycled Craft, Boy and Girl scout, Craft, Basketball, Choir Dream Team, JSFA, Ensemble, Spelling Bee, Basic Math Club, Cake Making, Essential Skill, Science Club, Painting, Coloring, Taekwondo, Robotics, Dance, Animation Flash, Wushu, and Iqro.
What is a Unit of Inquiry (UOI)?
- UOI is a unit that transcends across disciplines. It includes 5 essential elements, such as knowledge (under 6 big themes), concepts, skills, attitudes and action. The aim is to enable the students to demonstrate the attributes of the Learner Profile.
- It uses inquiry-based learning where students are encouraged to be inquirers and thinkers.
- The lessons are conducted through various strategies.
Do you have student textbooks for the lessons?
- No, we don’t. Teachers and students use a variety of media/resources (such as: the Internet, books, magazines, newspaper, people, etc) to gain the information.
How many students are there in one class?
- The maximum number of students in one class is 22 students/23 (if there is one child from SVP staff) with one homeroom teacher.
Why is the classroom set-up differently from conventional/national schools?
- It is to engage the students in active and fun learning. They are also free to express their ideas and thoughts.
Does Sekolah Victory Plus accept special needs students?
- We offer inclusive education with terms and condition as mentioned in the SEN policy.
Is there a test for my child before I enroll him/her to Sekolah Victory Plus?
- We don’t have a test. Instead, we have a School Readiness Observation . This observation aims to assess the child’s readiness to enter our school and to know his/her English ability. If a child does not have serious problems, we can accept him/her (of course depending on available vacant places)